Her Station considers your privacy to be very important. We follow the privacy principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access and enforcement.
We use a Secure Server for collecting personal and credit card information. The secure server layer (SSL) encrypts (scrambles) all of the information you enter before it is transmitted over the internet and sent to us. Furthermore, all of the customer data we collect is protected against unauthorized access.
This policy applies to all of our Websites and the services offered by Her Station.
Information that we collect
1. Member Information.
When you become a registered member of Her Station, we ask you for personal information such as your name, email address, your firms address, a user ID and an account password. Personal Information includes Member Information. In addition, for our advertising programs, we also require credit card or other payment account information. We maintain credit card and other payment account information in encrypted form on secure servers. We do not provide credit card information, your user ID or any password to anyone outside of Her Station.
3. Server logs.
When you visit one of our Websites our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These Server Logs may include information such as your Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your visit and the identity of any cookies that were sent to your browser.
4. User communications.
When you send email or other communication to Her Station, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services.
5. Newsletter requests.
When you join one of our mailing lists you provide us with Personal Information such as your name and email address. We use this information to deliver newsletters to you.
6. Other sites.
How we use information that we collect.
1. Providing our products and services to users, including the display of customized content and advertising
2. Auditing and conducting research and analysis in order to maintain, protect and improve our services
3. Ensuring the technical functioning of our Websites, and
4. Developing new services
Her Station processes personal information on our servers in the United States of America.
Choices for personal information
3. Aggregated non-personal information means information, including Personal Information and Member Information, about users or Members that is stripped of personally identifiable information and collected into groups that it no longer reflects or references an individually identifiable user. Her Station may use Aggregated non-personal information to identify user trends and to improve the efficiency and usefulness of the Websites.
4. Valid legal process means the process that the government or a private litigant must follow in order to obtain information from a third party, such as Her Station, and includes search warrants, court orders, or subpoenas. The laws of the place where you live provide the protections you have against intrusions by the government or individuals into your private affairs. Her Station will comply with information requests resulting from Valid legal process but will not otherwise give Personal or Member Information to the government or third parties.
5. We encourage parents to take an active interest in their children's use of the Internet. Her Station Sites are not targeted to children younger than 13 years of age. Her Station does not knowingly collect or store information of children younger than 13. Visitors to Her Station&'s Sites who are under the age of 13 may use these sites only with the supervision and consent of a parent or guardian. None of the products or services available through Her Station Sites may be purchased by anyone less than 18 years of age.